Contrary to popular belief – Baddhakonasana isn’t’Butterfly’ in Sanskrit. Literally translated Baddhakonasana means Bound Angle Pose. A lot of people call this the ‘Cobbler Pose’ as well.
- AWESOME FOR TENSION AND STRESS RELIEF.
- Stretches the thighs, groin, hip joint and knees.
- Great for relief from sciatica pain.
- Reduces menstrual discomfort.
- Great for keeping the hip joint flexible which helps in preparing the body for childbirth.
If you have a groin, hip joint or knee injury you may want to exercise caution when practicing this pose.
And here’s a video explaining the Baddhakonasana.