I can’t remember how I came across Flaxseeds. I think it was when I started a job at my new company and met a girl who was a workout fiend. The first week we met we bonded and started taking our breaks together. So she would bring Flaxseeds in a ‘Pass Pass’ box and some green tea bags and we would first munch on the seeds and then drink the tea. Eventually I also started going to the local ‘Nilgris’ and got my own stash of these wonder seeds. I keep them in a small container and carry it everywhere with me so that I can pop a coin-sized amount into my mouth even if I’m on the go.
Flaxseeds are also known as linseeds and are a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are “good” fats that your body actually needs. The body needs these fats to (among other things) produce substances which prevent the formation of blood clots and produce flexible cell membranes.
The health benefits of flaxseeds are numerous:
- Flaxseeds contain Omega 3 fatty acids which help you lose weight and make you feel more energetic.
- Lubricate muscles and reduce muscle soreness.
- Alleviates depression.
- Reduce threat of blood clots.
- Relieve menopause and PMS symptoms.
- Help to lower cholestrol and blood pressure.
- Help to control blood sugar levels.
- Help to reduce dry skin, eczema and psoriasis.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Natural laxative so keeps your system clean.
In short, munch flaxseeds so that your skin glows, the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines gets delayed, you lose weight and don’t fall sick!